I appreciate finally being invited to be part of the family, thanks. Actually I was going to ask about it at Easter and it slipped my mind.
As far as an update, we've got a sick Ellie on our hands right now. She threw up about 15 times on Monday, Josh stayed home Tuesday and she was good all day and then let loose again at 4:30, so I stayed home Wed. She was her normal self Wednesday night, crawling around, causing trouble, not going to sleep, so we took her to daycare yesterday. I got there to pick her up and the daycare provider said she was worried. Ellie took a 4 1/2 hour nap, wouldn't eat or drink and hadn't had a wet diaper all day. We ended up in urgent care last night. She tossed her cookies all over the doctor, the med student and me (somehow she always avoids Josh), so they decided oral rehydration would be the next step. We sat there giving her one syringe full of fluids every five minutes. She managed to keep that down, which was great, because the next step was an IV. She slept well last night and Josh said she ate and drank some this morning. My mom is taking care of her today because we are both low on sick days. I have one left and Josh is fresh out, so we're using all possible resources.
Hopefully all of you are doing well. I did check out the link that Susanne sent. I also read somewhere about a site called legacy.com (I think) where you can post memories and comments and things like that about family members you have lost. Haven't had a chance to look into it with all the cleaning up of vomit, but it might be a nice thing to look at.
Have a great weekend!!!!
Friday, April 21, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Jos,
For the record, you were the first one invited to the blog on March 20. (See my spam theory under Josh'd post.) I consider you the hub of communication in the family (address book, etc.), so I had to invite you first.
Sorry to hear about the sickie. We've certainly been there. One time a friend was visiting during all the fun. He never wanted to have kids, but after witnessing the whole thing he changed his mind. Something about the little one needing help and its complete dependence on the parents.
The whole thing reminds me of the time Beth had a complete barf-o-rama when I was babysitting.
Mike B.
Post a Comment