Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Information from Susanne

Most of you probably got this directly from Susanne, but I thought I'd post it for the others.

The math community is gearing up for conferences, programs andpublications in Tom's honor.Tom was the main organizer of the Midwest Geometry Conference & it willbe held in Iowa City, May 18-20, 2007. A colleague from the Universityof Iowa, Palle Jorgensen, has taken over and a lot of Tom's friends hereare helping everywhere they can.I've volunteered as the web master, since I don't know the first thingabout math (though, I could rattle off the topic lines even in mysleep).You'll find lots of stuff at http://www.math.uiowa.edu/MGC2007 and it isbeing updated continually.I took the liberty of adding pictures of each of the Branson siblings onthe 'family' page. They were taken while you guys were helping out theweek following. Should you wish to have your picture replaced by onebetter taken - really, I think you all look fine - just send it to me &I'll get it done.The 'speaker' page indicates representation from everywhere in theworld, and we're already now getting emails from national (Stanford,this morning) & international (France, later in the day) mathematicians,saying that they are close friends of Tom & they want to speak also...

No comments: