Hey Everyone,
Last year Josh, Ellie and I took part in the American Cancer Society run/walk in Onalaska as part of a team for the School District of Holmen. This year, I was hoping we could put together a team and walk for my Dad. The date is Sunday, April 20th.
I'll get more information on forming a team, and we can go from there. I know that the school district had something printed on the back of the t-shirts, and was thinking we could do the same, so if you have any ideas or are interested let me know. We don't have to limit it to just family, so if you know anyone else who might be interested in walking or running in Dad's name please pass the info on to them. Thanks, and I hope to see many of you there!!!!
Thursday, January 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Great idea, I would definitely like to walk (you don't want to see me run).
We should definitely get a team together to see how much money we could raise together. Let us know what you find out.
Mark
Although I won't be home at that time, maybe I could do some fund raising out here? Jos, I think it's a great idea.
I contacted the American Cancer Society and they are having a team captain's meeting on the 31st, but I probably won't be able to make it, so the woman is sending me the info after the meeting. I'll let you all know what we need to do then. Any ideas for a team name, "Team Forgy", "Team Bill"...let me know. Maybe we can get some ideas and then Mike can set us up with one of those fancy polls!
You can count on at least 3 of the 5 of us as runners.
Post your team name ideas in the comments and I'll set up the poll.
Tim and I will run, training has commenced!
Bill's Team
"Celebrate for a lifetime"
Perhaps? I always think of that when I'm missing him or thinking of him. I love that quote.
Karen
Sounds like a great reason to come home. Count me in for the run!
Count Diane and I in, it will truly be a walk run for me. I'll walk the 5K and then run for a beer. Team name, how about "Bill's Brigade" with a sub title of "one of a kind".
Wow, you guys are AWESOME! Lets vote at some point on the team name, and we can definitely have the team name and maybe the "Celebrate for life" put on the t-shirts or whatever else? I think once we sign up we get the t-shirts in time to add our own team slogan. Once I know more about when we get them I'll see if I can get them printed at Image World or Games People Play or something. Keep the ideas coming! Can we have all team name ideas submitted by the end of the month, and then open voting for a few days? That way I'll be able to get registration and whatever info in right away!
Sorry I am rather behind in the blogging world, but Chad and I will both run, and probally walk too! Let me know what I do to help!
Post a Comment