Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Hear Ye, Hear Ye...an optional get together

Opposed to some obligatory get-togethers, there will be an optional one at Dick and Diane's house at 3 pm on Sunday, June 15th. Beverage and food will be provided. This will, of course, include adult beverages. We understand that people may not attend for several reasons. The most obvious is that we have had our fill of sweat, slander, and outrageous Branson stories from the wedding just two days prior. Of course, it is Father's Day too. We suspect Father's Day will bring about lots of emotion this year. That's why we will be celebrating father's in all forms...those who are no longer with us, future fathers, those that are still in good health (for now), and those who shake too much. (Sorry, Dad). However, we certainly understand and support if families want to be alone on this day. We will be toasting to all fathers at our house though, and so everyone is welcome to come by or stay all night, even on this difficult day. There will be a festivus pole carried over from the last crappy holiday (or at least some item that serves the same purpose) in case grievances arise. Hope to see you all there at 3 pm. Feel free to just RSVP on the blog so we can get an idea of how much food and drink to prepare.

8 comments:

Karen said...

This is just me, RSVPing. Jeff and I will be there.

I would also like to apologize for my grammatical error I have spotted since posting the invite. I get angry and violent when I see people use possessive apostrophies inappropriately and then I just went ahead and did it anyways.

Mark said...

Yet another attraction...The 1st annual "Baby Wrestling" shall commence. Ella and Jack have been training all year for an event such as this. Their main coaches being the household cats, "Sadie Lady" and Simon "Cat Scratch Fever" Symicek. Please be sure to enroll any other opponents in this momentous competition which will undoubtedly be carried on by the generations to come. (No Pat, you are not eligible to participate.)

Signed,
Andrea (Leona Delores) Branson

Jocelyn said...

We will likely make an appearance. Jaymeson is perfecting her steam roller these days, and would like to take part in any wrestling. Ellie could be considered the Andre the Giant of this event.

Karen said...

We will be looking forward to seeing the Buxtons. Ellie might need to enter into a different weight class. Or maybe a tagteam event where a few of them could all go up against her.
Can't wait to see you guys!
Karen
P.S. Thanks for RSVPing. I was beginning to think a new blog was being used that I had not been invited to.

Pat said...

You post on a “Branson” blog and expect people to RSVP in a timely manner? I don’t think there is an alternate blog, just that you live in some sort of bizzaro alternate universe. Nancy, Rachel and I will be there if we can cross the rift in the space time continuum and reach your universe.

I will not be participating in the wrestling for fear of losing my armature status. I will however bring some baby sized folding chairs to make the matches more realistic.

(Insert Andre the Giant voice.)

Ellie’s way doesn't sound very sportsman like. She might be better off fighting groups for charity.

Karen said...

I hadn't thought of the baby-sized folding chairs. Perfect. Good luck crossing over and I am happy you guys will be coming by.

Jocelyn said...

We actually have toddler sized folding chairs...

Shall I bring them?

Dick said...

We were in Mexico not too long ago, so I have some "foreign" objects I will provide. Things like cheap sunglasses, Chiclets and such.