Monday, June 09, 2008

Red Raiders at State


In case you haven't heard, the Central baseball team qualified for state last week with an extra-innings victory over Logan, and a game winning grand-slam to defeat Reedsburg. Obviously Joe isn't playing, since he broke his wrist, but it is still exciting. If you'd like to watch any of the game, they play at 8 a.m. on Tuesday (aka tomorrow). You can watch them on the web at http://www.wiaa.tv/ If they win the first game they play at 6 p.m. Tuesday. So, if you have a few minutes and would like to cheer on the Red Raiders, go for it, I'm sure Joe would appreciate it!

10 comments:

Karen said...

Awesome! How long since they've been to state for baseball? Tell Joe congratulations...he helped them get there!

Dick said...

Good luck Joe, we are proud of you.

Pat said...

Being the die hard fan that I am, I will make the 10 min trek to Fox Cities Stadium and watch in person. The people watching on the internet are just posers.

Jocelyn said...

We'll likely be making the trek should they win this morning. It was just too early to drag two little ones half way across the state.

Karen, I think it was 1999 or something, so it has been a while. And I told Joe the same thing, they wouldn't have gotten there without him.

Joe was also named All MVC Honorable Mention. Pretty good for a kid who hasn't played in a month!

Jocelyn said...

Not sure how many of you watched, but Central won 14-4. We'll be heading out for the 6 p.m. game in a few hours! Go Red Raiders!!

Karen said...

Awesome! Congrats, Joe! Can I get honorable mention if I watch the game? Good luck at 6!

Jocelyn said...

You can have First Team All-Conference for upper lip sweat.

Pat said...

Jos if you need a place to stay you are welcome here, or if you just need a place to recharge after the trip. Let me know we are only 5 min from the ball park.

Jocelyn said...

Thanks! We were going to bring the girls, but figured it would be too long for Jaymeson to be trapped in a car seat without being able to stretch, so we've got someone coming over. If Josh and I need a place to crash we'll let you know. Thanks again!

Karen said...

My upper lip sweat is flowing like wine today. It's real warm here in Fort Collins. Will I get a trophy?