And the Dinian says: "Some studies suggest humans who sleep in an East-West position have far shorter rapid eye movement or REM sleep cycles, in which dreams occur, compared with North-South sleepers who got more REM sleep." (He preferred to have his bed oriented East-West)
Next we'll find out that maraschino cherries do cause cancer and cotton candy contains every germ at Oktoberfest.
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
18 comments:
All those animals mentioned in the article were naked, so that explains another bit of the method behind the Dinian's madness.
The whole discussion makes me hungry for a Fish Fillet, Hamburger, and a Coffee with 2 sugars and one cream.
BTW, I had a bag of cotton candy at the Brewers game on Sunday, it was delicious.
Was there also an Apple Pie in the McDinian? My memory fails me.
I'd forget my head if it wasn't screwed on. Hell, yesterday I didn't even know enough to come in out of the rain.
Sick of this blog. Talk, talk, talk that's all you ever do...
I forget, wasn't there something about aluminum cans?
Hey!!!!! Dummy, dummy dummy, outboard motors good, electric blankets bad. I just had some under cooked soft boiled eggs with butered toast cut up and mixed in a coffee cup, lots of extra butter on the rim.
Way too many big words in that article for someone in my fragile state of back-to-school preparations to comprehend. I do like cotton candy, though, and I sleep wherever it is I pass out.
Twas aluminum foil - it causes dementia you know. Don't even mention food grilled in foil on an outside grill - double whammy.
This is the funniest blog I have read on here. I'd like to enjoy more.
Wish I could contribute but I don't remember much of the guy. Does that make me lucky?
Lucky? Yes, and possibly a frequent user of aluminum foil.
I can't even deny that speculation. Aluminum foil on the grill...who knew!?!? I suppose I'm real stupid if I toss it in a campfire when I'm camping?
a somewhat related story: dung beetles and the use of polarized light:
http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?id=moonlight-keeps-dung-beet
i like the idea of mischievous researchers following around dung beetles, polarizing the light, just to screw with their sense of direction. we nerds have our fun too :).
karen, i was talking to my dad the other day about our branson grandparents. he was saying that he should write down some of the stuff he knows about our family history that us young'uns don't know about. like i was asking one day why we don't have an uncle bob (cuz of the expression "bob's your uncle"), and, apparently, it is because our grandmother was engaged to a man named bob before our grandfather stole her away :).
Yes, I think it was Bob Brannigan (I wonder if there is a Brannigan Blog?). The way it was told to me, they weren't engaged, but Bob B once proposed to my mother. I trust the accuracy of this more than some of the Dinian-lore we're hearing about because she's the one who told it to me.
The "first date" (bowling) was under the false pretense that the Dinian wanted her to type up a manual he was working on in the Army. That was true I guess, but he obviously had other intentions.
I don't believe your Dad knows how to type up stories, cuz he's never posted to the blog. This, of course, would be the logical place to put them. Maybe we need to post some inaccurate material about him to get him going...
Wow, I had no idea!
Okay, I'll start with the material for Jim. Guess what?
He works for Bozo the clown. At least that's what he told be at Beth's wedding.
Pretty sure Bozo is dead, so Jim better start looking for a new gig.
That's a good point. What the hell is he doing in Switzerland then? Conspiracy theory? Is he in training to become a clown and take over for Bozo? Sounds likely. That's why he was growing his hair out too. (a.k.a. Troll Head). He can't fool us.
well, i've informed my dad of all the mudslinging going on here, but he seemed unaffected. he only looked at my first post when he heard there was a, some would say, less than flattering photo of him in it. anyone got any square-headed baby jim pictures to post? just kidding :).
Bozo has put a spell on him.
Mike,
Could we put Troll Head's picture on the blog home page for awhile? That might lure him in.
Are we still slandering Jim?
I heard on NPR this morning that his project is making progress. It was cool to hear someone explain it in a more understandable manner. It's about time that black hole started to do something!
Post a Comment