Saturday, October 11, 2008

Monday Night Football

Tony has a football game in La Crescent on Monday at 4:30 at La Crescent High School. I'll be there if anybody would like to come out to the field. This is a freshman game, so there will be lots of playing time.

You can't watch #4 anymore, so why not come out and see #2? I sure it will be a Jim Thorpe-like performance.

5 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Awesome. We were watching the news last night, and saw that La Crescent played Lourdes, and were wondering if/when Tony would be playing. We should be able to make it, and we'll bring Ellie the good-luck charm too.

Karen said...

Good luck tonight Tony!
Hopefully the Red Sox will be pulling off a victory at the same time!
Karen

Jocelyn said...

Sorry we missed it. Didn't think the girls could handle sitting still in the rain:-) Hope it was a good game!

Mike B. said...

Jos,

Don't worry about not making it. No sane member of the family would have shown up. That said, we had 4 Bransons and 7 Grenisens (not counting those of us from Rochester).

As Forrest would say: "We been through every kind of rain there is. Little bitty stingin' rain... and big ol' fat rain. Rain that flew in sideways. And sometimes rain even seemed to come straight up from underneath."

The game started with a flurry of turnovers (probably due to the weather). After things settled down, Tony ran for a TD and threw for another. Lourdes also got a touchdown in the 4th quarter after an interception. The final was 19-0 (but it didn't look that promising early in the game).

I have some video highlights, but I'm having some cabling problems. I will try to post those once I get things figured out.

I was wrong about the Jim Thorpe-like performance. Tony didn't drop-kick any field goals.

Karen said...

Is it his fault the Red Sox lost?
I hope not.

Tony, nice game!

Karen