Saturday, September 22, 2007

Storm Damage

We had the scariest wind ever at this house. The NWS office measured 60mph gusts yesterday around 4:15 PM. We lost a few trees, a big one missed the house by inches! We did receive a phone call about 10 minutes before the storm from Beth who told us to "get in the basement!"

Updated - Storm damage and post tree removal photos

3 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Glad you guys and your house are okay! We had a couple of large branches down, and Ellie and I spent a little extra time at her daycare lady's house, since the storm hit just as I was pulling into La Crescent. At least she didn't charge us!

Karen said...

Yikes!
How do I get a personal metorologist to call and alert me during dangerous weather? Glad everyone is okay.
Karen

Susanne said...

Wow -- that's really scary stuff. Those big trees look like toothpicks; you were lucky not to get any other damage.
Take care & have fun with the motor saw..