Friday, September 21, 2007

Week one down. Six more to go. Bill's treatment went pretty well this week. Side effects not too bad yet. He felt a little sick last night, but overall it went good. On Monday, they are putting a port in. They will use this to inject the chemo and take his labs. This should save him from being stuck with the needle every week. They are also going to be putting in a G Tube. This is a feeding tube. If he is unable to eat later in the treatment, we can then use this to supplement his nutrition. The good thing about this tube is that he can still eat if he feels like it.

And as always the nurses like Bill. On Monday during his chemo he actually had a nurse give him a foot massage. I think he's hoping that I learned something from her, but I had to tell him no such luck!

3 comments:

Mike B. said...

My first thought was that it was a male nurse, but as I read on - I guess not.

I've heard that a dark beer after chemo can help prevent a sick stomach. Its worth a try.

Karen said...

That's great to hear, Kelly.
We are thinking of him. Did he get the picture I sent him last week in the mail? I hope it provided a good laugh. Jeff and I have been hysterical about it for the past few years so we thought we should share the love.
Thinking of you!
Love, Karen

Susanne said...

Foot massage??!! It's good to hear that Bill is finding the niche treatments being offered. Somehow, I'm not surprised ;-)

Hang in there, we're with you in thought.