Friday, September 12, 2008

Busy Week for Branson Bloggers!

Man, I feel bad posting this write-up and kicking so many quality posts down the page, but I figured you'd all want to see my guts :)

Bottom of the container with all the gallstones. Yum!
Artsy, side view!

Innards.


This is Mary, I'm finishing the post for Beth as she is now showing off her belly to her NWS friends that stopped by. Here's the commentary for the above operative photos:

Top left - healthy liver with tip of intact white gallbladder sticking out below, surrounded by normal fat that EVERYONE has.
Top right - Liver lifted up to expose gall bladder, yellow adhesions around edges indicate many previous gall bladder attacks.
Bottom left - They ran a tube through the bile duct to make sure there were no additional stones in it.
Bottom right - Gall bladder after separation from the liver, just sitting on top before they sucked it out.

She's doing great!

6 comments:

Milissa said...

mmbI just wanted to hurry up and post something to knock these gross pictures down on my computer. Nice liver though!

Mike B. said...

Thanks for sharing!

I'll remember this post when we hand out our year-end blog awards.

Jocelyn said...

I think this is probably the best post EVER. So awesome.

jubjub said...

i'd say my only quibble with this post is that i could not click on the images to see all the grossness in high-res :). no offense, beth, i'm sure we are all gross-looking on the inside.

that is a lot of gallstones, isn't it? very impressive!

Karen said...

AWESOME!
These pictures reiterate why I love surgical nursing!
How the shit is your liver so healthy? Most of us Bransons can only dream of a liver like that.

Here's to a speedy recovery!

Mary said...

Beth is laughing so hard right now at all the comments (on this and the other posts), that she's actually in pain. 4 holes in your belly will do that :)