Friday, December 19, 2008

Dick's Pick

Dick and Diane,

Like Dick Cheney, who's job it is to break ties in the senate and shoot people in the face, it is the responsibility of the hosts to break any rare 3-way blog ties regarding party votes.

What's the verdict?

6 comments:

Jocelyn said...

I have a question...the tie is 3 votes for each day, but says 7 votes so far. Who in this family counts as two, or three, people?

Mark said...

Was ACORN running this poll?

Karen said...

Shannanigans!
Never got to vote, just pulled into town. Wow, what a ride from CO to WI! Took us way longer than expected.
Mike, what day are you planning on coming to town? What works best for everyone else?
Since it is already Friday night, my vote is bowling Sunday afternoon and Smackdown and drinks at Dick and Diane's Sunday late afternoon and evening. What do you guys think? (Mary, I love your setup for entertaining but my parents said you just had to host the last event).
Look forward to seeing you all!

Mike B. said...

We were planning on coming down whatever day the event is.

I think the vote count issue is because it was a poll that allowed you to select multiple dates. So maybe 7 people cast 9 votes. I know I chose 3 dates, so that means the rest of you only chose 1? BWI I assume.

Good news is I have acquired a Seinfeld Scene-It game and I will keep it shrink-wrapped until it is time.

Karen, if we go with your Sunday plan, we probably wouldn't be able to make it until the evening. I think Jimmy has to work during the day. But I'd be ok with missing bowling since no day will work perfectly for everyone.

And hopefully there will be other Branson get togethers before the season ends in case anyone can't make the day that is chosen.

Pat said...

Put my comment on the other thread. I will post it here too.

If it will sway the choice one way or the other, we are planning to be in La Crosse sometime this weekend. Sunday works best for us but we might make it Saturday if the weather cooperates. Now I am sure it will be Saturday, but maybe that's just how I planned it?

Jocelyn said...

We could probably bowl tomorrow if that was the plan, and make it for a bit on Sunday night, but we have school on Monday, so we won't be able to make a late night of it. Not that I stay up much past 9:00 these days anyway. It only gives me a short time to gather up my white elephant gifts though. Will I be uninvited if I admitted that I'm was never a Seinfeld watcher?