Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Festivus Poll

No dummy, not that kind of pole. Look to the right and vote.

Now quit crying and fight your father.

9 comments:

Dick said...

Sunday night now has a different date then just plain Sunday? I knew if the Dems took over that things would change but I had no idea it would start so soon! We can host, if we can get by with a fully stocked bar set up on the kitchen counter. Tim and Mary can relax and enjoy for a change and not be stuck with all the work. So lets get our act together and pick the date, I voted for Sunday the 21st, but the date is not as important as getting together for the Fest-of-us for the rest-of-us.

PS What is Monday's date, is it split by day and night as well? I've got a lot of problems with you people.

Mary said...

I was going to fix the date since my administrative rights have not yet been revoked, but once someone votes, the poll cannot be edited.

I briefly thought the mid-day date change may have been associated with the winter solstice, but alas, the solstice occurs at 6:04 AM on 12/21.

Jocelyn said...

I went with this weekend, although we are pretty flexible. Sunday the 21st works better than Sunday the 22nd for us since we still have school through the 23rd.

Our tentative plan for the 26th is to head to the Dell's for the day to meet Kelly and the boys. If it is snowing we will likely not go because I am a freak about driving in the snow, in which case we could get together somewhere closer.

If there are any other non-polled (or poled) get-togethers give us a jingle!!

Mark said...

We're voting for Friday the 26th, although any night works well for us. Day parties are tougher for us.

I have a lot of problems with you people. I will show up at any time or place to air these grievances.

Jocelyn said...

If/when we do our get-together would anyone have interest in making it a "white elephant" sort of thing. We could bring crazy gifts we find around the house (please dont buy anything), and exchange...If any of you have ever seen the X-mas episode of The Office where Michael buys the ipod it will be similar to that (Yankee Swap.

Mary said...

We've done the white elephant with the Konop family before. I have some INCREDIBLE gifts just waiting to be re-gifted.

Jocelyn said...

I'm sure I could unload some of Josh's sh**, I mean "memorabilia". It always makes for a good laugh. I've got some sweet N'sync stuff from my years as a groupie.

Mary said...

I would like to nominate Dick to break the 3 way tie and pick a date.

Pat said...

If it will sway the choice one way or the other, we are planning to be in La Crosse sometime this weekend. Sunday works best for us but we might make it Saturday if the weather cooperates. Now I am sure it will be Saturday. Maybe that's just how I planned it?